- RSS Channel Showcase 8227756
- RSS Channel Showcase 5985934
- RSS Channel Showcase 6471246
- RSS Channel Showcase 4074921
Articles on this Page
- 09/27/06--10:26: _Powerisers Jumping ...
- 03/07/07--08:55: _Sega Toys' mu-bot H...
- 11/21/07--08:00: _Ladybug bots clean ...
- 11/27/07--13:07: _Make your iPod Nano...
- 02/07/08--18:41: _Toshiba's tiny 8GB ...
- 01/29/09--11:40: _Those crazy face ma...
- 04/15/10--00:56: _Review: Koi Cheese ...
- 03/18/14--08:39: _Visual Translation ...
- 05/18/17--08:55: _Duolingo adds suppo...
- 09/27/06--10:26: Powerisers Jumping Stilts
- 03/07/07--08:55: Sega Toys' mu-bot Headphones: Tiny Man-generated Music?
- 11/21/07--08:00: Ladybug bots clean Japanese toilets, induce stage fright
- 11/27/07--13:07: Make your iPod Nano box into a portable speaker set
- 02/07/08--18:41: Toshiba's tiny 8GB mp3 player is GyaO-tiful
- 01/29/09--11:40: Those crazy face masks Japanese wear in public? They work
- 04/15/10--00:56: Review: Koi Cheese Flavored Japanese Doritos
- 03/18/14--08:39: Visual Translation App Waygo Launches Japanese Support
- 05/18/17--08:55: Duolingo adds support for Japanese
I find myself wanting to try these things even though the experiment would surely end with me crumpled in the pavement. Assuming, however, that I possessed some of that coordination stuff people are always talking about, I’d probably be somewhat inclined to give it a go.
It promises to increase the wearers jump height by 6-feet and stride length to 9-feet. No word on maximum weight… Read More
Believe it or not this here contraption is a pair of headphones. They go by the name of mu-bot (Japanese for “what the hell?”) and they’re scheduled to hit Japan late next month. I don’t speak a word of Japanese, but I’ll try to decipher what the product page’s hieroglyphics actually mean. For example, I’m pretty sure that right under… Read More
That’s…um…adorable? You might see one of these the next time you’re at a Japanese highway rest stop.
The Lady Bird "is equipped with water tanks, brushes and other tools needed for heavy-duty scrubbing. Obstacle detection sensors allow the robot to safely perform its duties without running into people."
It’s also got a built-in microphone and speech… Read More
I still have the box for my 5G iPod sitting on some shelf somewhere, because it was just too nice to throw away. Of course, I’m a pack rat and keep worthless stuff all the time. But now I have a decent reason to keep the thing, at least if I buy a new Nano. Japanese gadget outfitter Bird Electron has a sweet little kit to convert your Nano’s box into a little portable speaker… Read More
I’m not sure what’s up with the name, but this is a cool-looking little gadget. It’s from Toshiba (like this other little guy with a digital TV tuner inside) and it costs about $300. It costs the same as an 8GB iPod Touch, but it’s a little smaller (for good or ill) and obviously doesn’t sport the same touchy interface. It’s got wi-fi, runs a version of… Read More
While this post is actually just an excuse to show you this great picture – high stockings, cellphones, and vaguely menacing medical gear are so underrated – it’s now been proven that facemasks can and do prevent the spread of flu. Unfortunately, you have to wear them almost constantly, which is probably not so much fun. Read More
So J-List sent me a box of stuff including some (good God) onacups [NSFW]. While I’m debating whether to “review” those devices, I’d like to tell you about Japanese Doritos. Basically these are heart-shaped Doritos. The weird thing is that they’re thicker than American Doritos and actually have an odd, sweet taste that is not unpleasant. Unlike the Japanese… Read More
Waygo, an app that lets you translate Chinese by hovering your phone over text, just added support for Japanese. Waygo recently won the SXSW 2014 Accelerator program and is also a 500 Startups alum.
Duolingo, the popular language learning service, today added support for learning Japanese to its iOS app, with support for its Android app coming soon. “This is by far the most requested and highly anticipated course launch in Duolingo’s five-year history,” said Duolingo co-founder and CEO Luis von Ahn in today’s announcement. “No matter what we’d share on […]